Brinjal is an vegetable also known as eggplant and aubergine. Brinjal is a very nutritious vegetable, and has numerous health benefits as listed below.
Benefits of Eating Brinjal
- By eating eggplant, cholesterol levels fall in blood.
- Brinjal is rich in vitamin C, which increases body’s resistance to infection.
- By eating eggplant you will receive ample amounts of fiber thus prevents constipation.
- It helps in weight reduction as brinjal burns fat and reduces calories.
- Potassium and magnesium levels are high in brinjal.
- An element is found in eggplant which helps in fighting stomach cancer cells in the body.
- Brinjal reduces cholesterol levels in the walls of the arteries thus good for the health of your heart.
- Due to the high fiber and low carbohydrate element, it is a very good diet for diabetics.Regular eating will reduce your sugar levels.
- Phytonutrient is found in brinjal which protects brain cell from any type of damage thus improves memory.
- Antioxidants are found in large amounts in brinjal, which fights with free radicals.
- There is plenty of water in eggplant too. This helps keep your skin hydrated and you can get rid of the problems associated with the dry skin.
Brinjal is very useful for health but shouldn’t be stored in the fridge for more than two days. Eating roasted brinjal is the most preferred way of eating it.
You can also make brinjal soup by mixing it and adding a little bit of asafoetida and garlic in this soup, it provides relief from problems like flatulence, gas, and indigestion.
So be sure to include it in your diet so that you can take advantage of its properties.