Shilajit is a famous ayurvedic herb that acts primarily as a “rejuvenator”, providing vitality and energy. Shilajit is extracted from the decomposition of herbs and mineral layers naturally in the Himalayan and Los Andes mountains. Studies reveal that Shilajit contains about eighty-five minerals and other important acids like humic and fulvic acids.
What does Shilajit mean? It is a Sanskrit word meaning “invincible rock”, “mountain conqueror” or “destroyer of weakness“. It has been used for centuries as anti-aging effects. Ancient texts refer to Shilajit as the “elixir of perennial life”. In the traditional system of Indian medicine, Ayurveda, Shilajit is considered a Rasayana (rejuvenating) herb, as well as an adaptogen, that increases the body’s natural resistance to stressful situations. It has been traditionally used by many Ayurveda practitioners as a catalyst to increase the strength of other herbal supplements.
Health Benefits of Shilajit
Shilajit is a powerful ayurvedic herb with amazing benefits. It is full of vitamins and minerals, enabling it to cure a wide range of physical disorders. Here we list its most outstanding effects:
1. It improves the energy level of the body since it accelerates the cellular metabolism that is essential for daily activities.
2. Acts as a natural aphrodisiac and improves sexual performance in men. It increases sperm count and prevents premature ejaculation. It is well-known herb to maintain sexual pleasure for a long time.
3. Shilajit is also known for its helpfulness in the treatment of AIDS. It also regulates blood sugar levels, thus useful for diabetic patients as well.
4. Increases the supply of minerals such as calcium, magnesium and phosphorus that helps improve the durable power of bones and muscles.
5. It helps in the fight against foreign organisms or antigens and increases our immunity against infections.
6. It is very effective for people in a state of weakness, fatigue, anaemia and patients recovering from severe and/or degenerative diseases.
7. People suffering from various types of arthritis such as gout, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis have benefited greatly from the use of Shilajit.
8. Muscular & joint pains can also be significantly reduced by using this herb, which has anti-inflammatory properties.
9. Strengthens the nervous system and helps to cure various nervous disorders such as paralysis, hemiplegia, and mental disorders such as anxiety, depression, fatigue and seizures.
11. It acts as a blood purifier and also helps to heal haemorrhoids, fistulas and fissures.
12. It helps control body weight, mobilizing and eliminating adiposity, thus helps in reducing weight.
13. Shilajit protects the heart and its functioning.In a research ir was seen that due to its antioxidant ability it acts as a protector to the less cardiovascular system thereby helpful in keeping the heart healthy.
14. It is a powerful antioxidant that fights against the formation of free radicals, avoiding ageing and preventing degenerative diseases.