Are you looking for a natural way to cleanse your liver? Whether you need to have fatty liver or some type of poisoning, as if you do from time to time to maintain good health, is a good practice because it is important to clean the liver, as well as the gallbladder, because elements such as bile, biliary slime or toxins that produce various health problems.
You may have noticed that many natural products offer us properties for this aspect of our health, but one of the best is undoubtedly the boldo, Cimarron, boldo, lemon grass, curly lemon. For this reason, we explain how to clean the liver with boldo, either taking the infusion alone or using also lemon and dandelion, two other ingredients very effective for liver cleanings.
Properties of the boldo to cleanse the liver
Before deciding to take any remedy, it is convenient to know what nutrients it has and, therefore, what really contributes to our body. Thus, the composition of the boldo is formed mainly by essential oils, such as eucalyptol and ascaridole, alkaloids, such as boldina, and also contains flavonoids, coumarin, and tannins, among other nutrients in smaller quantities.
For this composition, it has mainly antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, digestive, choleretic properties, so it cleanses the liver, the gallbladder and purifies the bile. Specifically in the case that interests us in this article, the properties of boldo tea to cleanse the liver are choleretic, cholagogue and anti-inflammatory.
- Choleretic properties: this means that it increases the natural production of bile, favoring digestions and helping to recover the usual functions of the gallbladder and liver.
- Cholagogue properties: so it facilitates the expulsion of the bile, eliminating biliary mud or even helping to expel gallstones that obstruct the gallbladder and / or liver.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: it is good to take advantage of the healing properties of boldo that deflate tissues for liver cleansing, since a damaged liver, whether intoxicated or fatty, may be more or less inflamed.
How do you take boldo tea to cleanse the liver
To make this treatment for the liver with boldo it is best to first consult with the doctor everything necessary about the state of general health, the reasons why our liver is not healthy or well, if it is really necessary that we do this type of cleaning , as well as the best way to take it in our case. The doctor can prescribe some medication, Boldo capsules or, as we will tell next, drink tea or boldo infusion on an empty stomach and throughout the day, well prescribed.
So, to make boldo tea for a liver cleanse, mix these ingredients and follow these instructions:
- 1 and a half cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of boldo leaves
- Stevia or honey (optional and to taste)
Preparation and treatment
- Put the water to boil and when boiling starts add the boldo.
- Remove a little and leave the medium heat.
- Let it boil for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the fire, remove the pot or saucepan from the stove and cover, leaving it to rest for 5 more minutes.
- Strain the tea, removing the leaves and debris, and when it is warm take it. You can add Stevia or honey if you do not like the taste.
- Take 2 cups a day . Specifically, 1 cup boldo infusion on an empty stomach and 1 cup after eating.
Fasting helps you activate the gallbladder and liver more effectively, the rest of the shots throughout the day is best done after meals because it will also facilitate digestion. Therefore, you can take maximum 3 cups a day, adding one after dinner, but it is only advised in cases where a deep liver or biliary cleansing is needed.
How to clean the liver with boldo and lemon
Another option is to add lemon to the infusion, it is another natural ingredient that, thanks to its acids and vitamins, helps eliminate fats and toxins and also facilitates digestion. How to detoxify the liver with Boldo and lemon ? It is very simple, you just have to take note of how to prepare boldo and lemon infusion.
- 2 cup of water
- 2 tablespoon of boldo
- Juice of half a lemon
Preparation and treatment
- Boil the water and when it starts boiling add the leaves.
- Put the medium heat and let it boil for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, remove the pot and cover it to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the half lemon and reserve it.
- Strain the tea, add the lemon juice and when it is warm, drink it.
- Take 2 cups daily , it is best to take 1 cup fasting and 1 cup after eating. In this case, as the treatment is stronger, it is not advisable to extend it to three doses.
- The amount already indicated gives you to take the two cups of infusion a day, so the excess can be reserved in a bottle in the refrigerator.
We recommend that you consult this other remedy that includes this citrus in this other article of healthinputs on 8 Natural Ways to Clean the Liver.
How to clean the liver with boldo and dandelion
If you wonder how to use the boldo to clean the fatty liver and eliminate hepatotoxic toxins because you are looking for a powerful remedy, for example if you have fatty liver, gallstones or have liver poisoning, you can use this plant next to the dandelion . It is a very diuretic, anti-inflammatory and detoxifying plant, which favors the cleaning of the liver, as well as the kidneys and other organs. Follow these instructions to clean the liver with boldo and dandelion .
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of boldo
- 1 tablespoon of dandelion
- Stevia or honey (optional)
- Put the water to heat and when it boils add the leaves of the two plants.
- Leave the medium heat and bring to a boil about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, set aside the saucepan and cover it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Stretch, add if you want something that sweetens and once warm drink tea.
- Drink 2 cups a day , but the best thing is to drink 1 cup on an empty stomach and another cup after eating. Again, as it is more powerful, it is not advisable to extend it to three doses unless recommended by the doctor.
The amount mentioned in this recipe gives to prepare the two daily doses, so what about after each take refrigerate it for the next.
How long can you take boldo
This is a very frequent question when you start taking this treatment. The correct thing is to follow the guidelines of the private doctor but, generally, you can take the boldo for maximum 3 weeks in a row . Then it is necessary to rest between 2 and 3 more weeks, during which it is not advisable to take anything that stimulates liver cleansing or, in cases where it is very necessary, to be somewhat softer and recommended by our doctor.
Contraindications of liver cleansing with boldo
Although as we have seen the boldo to clean the liver is really effective, it is necessary that before taking it we know the main contraindications of the boldo to clean the liver , since in these cases it is better to look for another remedy or treatment.
- If you are a pregnant woman or if you are breastfeeding.
- If you suffer severe and / or chronic liver disease.
- If there is a significant obstruction of the bile ducts, that is to say in severe cases when it is not only biliary mud or small stones.
Possible side effects of boldo tea
Finally, it is also important to know the possible side effects of taking boldo to cleanse the liver or for other purposes. These are the most common side effects if taken incorrectly, for example in excess of daily amount or prolonged treatment:
- Mild diarrhea
- Hypnotic effect.
- Auditory and visual hallucinations.
- 7 Ways To Naturally Cleanse Colon (Large Intestine)
- 6 Early Warning Signs Of Liver Problems