The human body never ceases to amaze scientists. This complex structure, which has its own characteristics for each individual, has rather curious characteristics.
Although each of the human organs has its own specific functions, not all of them are necessary for the maintenance of life. It happens that they are damaged as a result of an accident or illness, and the person continues to live.
The course of time and evolutionary processes have led to the fact that some organs have lost their functions, and therefore their removal does not affect the patient’s quality of life.
Do you know which parts of our body we are talking about? If not, stay with us. In our today’s article, we will introduce you to the 7 organs that are no longer vital.
Tonsils are part of the human immune system, without which you can live. Although the tonsils protect the external part of the respiratory tract of the body from the effects of various bacteria, after 3 years of life they are no longer necessary.
Some medical professionals even believe that it is better to remove the tonsils in childhood in order to avoid future health problems.
- So, it is often recommended to remove the tonsils to people suffering from chronic inflammation of these organs – acute tonsillitis (tonsillitis).
2. Organism and appendix
This hollow organ, attached to the large intestine, is located in the right lower abdomen of a person.
The appendix does not participate in digestive processes and it is still unknown what its function consists in.
- In many people, the appendix makes itself felt in the development of inflammation and infection, causing the appearance of appendicitis . For the treatment of this disease requires the removal of the appendix.
- Loss of the appendix does not cause negative consequences for the patient’s health. Man continues to live as before.
The spleen is located in the abdominal cavity. It performs quite important work, which consists in cleansing the blood and helping the body in fighting infections.
Despite this, it happens that the traumas and diseases that were transferred lead to the removal of this organ, and the patient continues to live.
- After surgery to remove the spleen, the person is able to lead a normal life. However, additional precautions must be taken to protect the body against infections.
4. Reproductive organs
Reproductive organs such as the ovaries, uterus and testicles have clear functions. It happens that for the treatment of chronic diseases, surgeons have to remove them.
As a rule, such operations are carried out in case of cancer. In this case, the removal of these organs prevents the further spread of cancer cells. It happens that the removal of reproductive organs is carried out to treat other diseases, not only cancer.
- The loss of these organs usually does not have serious consequences for the patient’s life. He is appointed to receive hormonal drugs in order to replenish the hormones produced by the lost organs.
In no case can not deny the importance of the kidneys for human life. They are responsible for cleansing the blood, making urine and affect the work of other organs and systems of our body .
However, a person can live with only one of the kidneys. Some people have one kidney from birth, others lose this organ due to illness and injury. Finally, someone decides to donate a kidney voluntarily and continues to live with the kidney alone. It is not life threatening.
- It is believed that the loss has almost no effect on the patient’s life expectancy. It does not lead to serious negative consequences for his health.
- Of course, in this case, he has to take additional precautions to prevent the appearance of possible health problems.
The gallbladder resembles a green pear-shaped sac located behind the liver. Its main function is the accumulation and production of bile involved in the digestion of food.
Certain diseases of the gallbladder (such as stones or cancer) force surgeons to remove this organ.
- Despite the fact that the gallbladder is involved in the processes of digestion, its removal is not dangerous for the patient’s life.
- After surgery, some people complain of diarrhea and bloating after taking a heavy and annoying write. Therefore, they need to carefully monitor their diet.
It may be hard for you to believe in it, but it is so: a person is able to live without a stomach . There is a special type of surgery, which involves the complete removal of the patient’s stomach. As a rule, doctors take this step in the presence of cancer.
During this operation, the patient’s esophagus connects to the small intestine. After that, the person is forced to eat with the help of a special serum for several weeks until then. Further, his body does not adapt to the new reality.
- Such an operation is rather complicated, therefore such patients need strict and attentive treatment.
- In the future, their body remains able to digest most of the products, but the portions of the ingested pili should be smaller.
- Sometimes the body of these patients is faced with a violation of the assimilation of certain micronutrients. In such a situation, a person is prescribed food supplements.
Amazing, right? Each of us understands how important it is to carefully take care of your body in order to stay healthy. However, there are organs without which it is possible to live if life circumstances leave us no choice but to remove them.